Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Cookie Monster - Christmas Trees

It's the holiday season!  Time to switch the cookie monster series over to some Christmas baking :)  Yum!
The first two recipes are going to be some very old family recipes we have from my grandma.  She passed away when my mom was in high school, so I never met her, but baking her old recipes is a way to feel connected to her.

For this recipes you will need a cookie press.  I have a battery opperated one. 


I also have an electric one at my mom's house that I really enjoy.  If you don't have a cookie press, you can also just drop the dough and flatten it and it will turn out fine. 

The recipe is really basic - one very important thing to note.  Do NOT chill this dough.  Ever.  I did once and the dough got so stiff I broke the cookie press and the dough would not run through the press.  It was a pretty bad day.  So make sure not to chill the dough!

Christmas Tree Cookies
Ingrediants
  • 1 cup Crisco (shortening)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • green food coloring
  • 1 tsp almond extract
Directions
Cream Crisco and sugar, then beat in egg and almond extract.  Gradually add dry ingredients.  Tint dough green (if desired).  Use tree design from the cookie press and press out cookies onto greased baking sheets (or use silicon baking mats).  Bake at 375' for 10-12 minutes.

 
Linking up here
 

1 comment:

  1. Your Christmas Tree cookies look so good! How fun to have your Grandma's recipes! What a treasure! We've always wanted a cookie press! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday.
    -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...