Monday, March 4, 2013

Homeade Granola

So I am the girl that will eat oatmeal raw - not cooked or anything.  But when I discovered granola, I fell in love.  MMMM delicious - and healthy!
Granola is great for a snack.  It's also delicious mixed with yogurt for breakfast.
My granola recipe is pretty basic.  It can be dressed up by adding nuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, or dried fruit.  Try  your own concoctions till you find something you like.

Basic Homemade Granola
Ingredients

  • 18 oz (1 package) oatmeal
  • 3 tablespoon flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1-2 sticks melted butter
Directions
Dump the oatmeal into a cake pan or jelly roll pan.  Add the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Mix with a spoon.  Drizzle the melted butter over the oatmeal.  Stir well until all of the oatmeal appears wet.  Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.


Enjoy plain or with yogurt!

Linking up


The Best Blog Recipes
Skip To My Lou



Lil\'Luna






Wednesday Whatsits

Suzys Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Party Button

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom
Weekend Bloggy ReadingLadybird Ln

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating







DIY Show Off

I Heart Nap Time

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your so welcome Kari! Love me some simple recipes. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I totally need to make this! We spend so much on store bought granola and this looks so easy to make. Don't know why I haven't done it sooner.

    Thanks for linking up this post to The Best Blog Recipe’s Weekend re-Treat #7!

    Wanted to stop by and pin your image to My Link Parties Craft/DIY & Recipe Boards while I was here.

    Hope to see you link up again at the party this weekend!

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
    http://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought granola was complicated to make, silly me :) I can't wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...