Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flag Garland

Hello again!
Today I wanted to share with you a project I finished a few weeks ago and gave to my Aunt as a birthday gift.  One of my cousins is former Navy and another one of her sons is currently in the Army, so this had special meaning to her.
It was my first sewing pattern out of a book and I learned some new skills.
I learned how to machine appliqué/quilt (at least a little bit).  The pictures don't do it justice but I did sew along the lines of the flag and around the blue field.
I also used some fusible interfacing (Heat n Bond) to help me create the flag look and hold things together.
And brushed up on my hand sewing.


Have a great rest of the week!

Pattern is from Art To Heart Easy Does It Patriotic


Linking Up:
Wednesday
Create and Share, Sugar and Spice, What I Whipped Up, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show me what ya Got, Lil Luna, Wow me Wesdnesday, {Wow Me} Wednesday, Cast Party, Your Whims Wednesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wednesday Whatsit, Show and Share, Dream to Reality, Wow Us Wednesday, Super Linky Party, What We Wore, Read, and Made, Whatcha Work-Up, A Little Bird Told Me, And Sew We Craft Together, We did it!, We Made that!, Two Girls and a Party
Thursday
Catch a Glimpse, Creative Juice, Chic and Crafty, Thursday Favorite Things, Live Laugh Linky, Creative Princess, Share your Cup, , Linky Party, Link it Up, Made you Look, Inspiration in Progress, Blog Stalking, Wildly Original, Showcase your Talent, Somewhat Simple, Keep Calm and Link Up, Five Little Chefs, Commercial Break, Lamberts Lately
Friday
Show and Tell Friday, Friday Favorites, Simply Create, Lovely Crafty Weekend, EBKTS, Weekend Wander, Weekend Show Off, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Flaunt it Friday, 504 Main, Friday Favs, Fancy This Friday, Flash Blog Friday, Finished Friday, Freedom Friday, Show off Friday, Happy Hour, Keep Calm and Link Up, Weekend Wonders, I'm loving it, Fiday Favs, Pity Party, Dare to Share, F Friday, Craftionary Link Party, Do Something Crafty, Get Crafty, Shine on Friday!
Weekend
Weekend Wrap Up, Say G'day, Saturday Spotlight, Strut Your Stuff, Check me Out , Show and Tell, Saturday Spotlight, Your Great Idea, Simply Sweet Saturday, Share it Saturday, Saturday Show and Tell, Craft Create Inspire, Sunday Showcase, Think Pink, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Not Baaad Sunday, That DIY Party, Overflowing with Creativity Party, A Bouquet of Talent, Weekend Creative

Monday





1 comment:

  1. So adorable. Please consider linking up at The Patriotic Pam this weekend. I know my readers would love this.
    Pam @ The Patriotic Pam
    www.thepatrioticpam.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...