Monday, March 31, 2014

Sweet Carmalized Bananas


Today I have a guest post from Elizabeth from ReadySetEat to share with you - doesn't this look delicious (if you like bananas that is!)


Sweet Caramelized Bananas


This is a guest post by Elizabeth L. on behalf of ReadySetEat. Visit www.readyseteat.com to find easy recipes for dinner or pasta salad recipes for when the weather turns warmer.


Caramelized bananas are such a comforting dish, and they’re also really easy to make!  Even if this dish is a dessert, you are still getting all of the benefits of the fruit, too.  I remember the first time I had caramelized bananas, it was in a restaurant in Washington D.C, and I thought it was so good.  I couldn’t wait to make them at home!  With this simple recipe, you will have a dessert ready in no time, and you won’t even have to pay restaurant prices.  You could pair this with some vanilla bean ice cream or maybe some salted caramel ice cream.  Either would taste great with this!


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Parkay® Original Spread-tub
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 slightly firm bananas, peeled, halved and sliced lengthwise
  • Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping


Directions

  1. Heat sugar, Parkay and cinnamon in medium skillet over medium-high heat; when bubbly, add bananas. Cook 1 minute on each side or until bananas are warm and glaze has thickened slightly, spooning glaze over bananas.
  2. Top each serving with Reddi-Wip. Serve immediately.



If you want to find some dinner ideas that are easy like this recipe, swing by ReadySetEat.com!

7 comments:

  1. These look so good, I LOVE cooking bananas, I love the amazing sweetness and caramelization that happens!! These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing. I love any kind of bananas. We would love to have you share this at our party. It's at Adorned From Above and it started last night. I'm now following on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and G+
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I could just reach in and eat those! I love bananas and bananas Foster is my fave dessert, like these with a bit o'rum.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this, banana and cinnamon are my favorite things together..i will add nuts to this too and see what happens :)
    Marwa @ http://www.blossomfamily.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! That looks so delicious and it's simple to make too. Seen on I Goota Create! blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I hopped over from A Creative Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your Caramelized Banana's ! Thank you so much for sharing your special recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...